Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: blocking file formats in the interior of the network

From: krymson () gmail com
Date: 10 Nov 2006 21:08:08 -0000

Be sure you also have a policy or announcement at the very least stating that these sorts of files should not be on
corporate file servers and take up corporate storage space.

If they continue to break policy, then likely no one in HR or management are taking that policy seriously and maybe
only writing up or not even doing anything when violations occur.

In that case, I would forego spending any money on a network-based solution and instead just use one of the other

Anything more is just a back and forth pushing match that won't get anywhere until your backups or storage fill up and
makes some people look at the cost of adding.