Security Basics mailing list archives

Windows Internet Kiosk

From: "Chris Boczko" <Christopher.Boczko () chemdry co uk>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 11:14:15 -0000

Hello Everyone...

Not really sure if this is the right place, but we are looking into
setting up a internet kiosk for our staff to use, but we will need to be
able to login  by username, but most of the users don't normally have
internet access, does anyone have any experience setting up windows /
Linux to do this? I really need it locking down to just a browser...

I'm thinking GP with a mandatory profile, but im not to sure how to lock
down the browser, I cant really use IE in kiosk Mode, as I need them to
have an address bar, but I don't want them installing anything or
changing any settings on the machine.

Thanks in Advance

Christopher Boczko

Chemdry UK Ltd