Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Re: Re: Re: Re: router access control list

From: "Erick Jensen" <ejensen () vibrant com>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 14:07:27 -0600

Well, that is a very complicated config you have, no wonder you are
having troubles.  Here's my suggestions...

1. You need only to apply the ACL on ATM0 "IN", not out, that doesn't
matter.

2. I don't see the ACLs being applied to an interface in the config you
sent.  That should show up under the interfaces.  Be sure to apply them
outgoing on the ATM0.

3. You have multiple ACLs that rely on each other.  100 and 102 can be
combined.  You have the static NAT translations bound to ACL 102, so
they wouldn't have any effect on 110 or 111.  It's the static NAT
translations that would screw me up.

If nothing is working, maybe you want to re-think the whole layout.
Just ALLOW the ports on ethernet0.  Then you could base them on the
INSIDE addresses and not have to deal with the static NAT translations.

Maybe someone with more telco experience wants to chime in here!