Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Using Web mail (hotmail, gmail, yahoo, etc) for Business mails

From: "Oftedahl, Douglas" <DOftedahl () chittenden com>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 08:34:34 -0400

Plus, many organizations block access to free email sites from their
offices for a variety of reason, security certainly being among them.

What if you have a business email thread started using your free email
account and you return to your office and find the free email site
blocked.

Now what, you gonna run home, jump on your home machine in order to
forward the free email to your business email account? How long is that
gonna take, how far away do you live, what deal might you lose while
you're running back and forth???

Many solutions exist for the road warrior to have remote access to
his/her office machine or business data.