Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Security policy

From: Tamarcus A Person <tperson () csc com>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 16:25:12 -0400

You can start by visiting the following websites below:

http://www.itl.nist.gov/fipspubs/by-num.htm

http://csrc.nist.gov/publications/nistpubs/index.html

The above links will provide you with a basis of how to put together any
type of policy.

Good Luck!

Tamarcus A. Person, CSC
e-services TIPSS
IT Security & Privacy Engineer

(301) 731-3520

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

for such purpose.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

             "Francois Yang"
             <francois.y@gmail
             Sent by:                  security-basics@lists.securityfocus
             listbounce@securi         .com
             tyfocus.com                                                cc

                                                                   Subject
             10/24/2006 05:38          Security policy
             PM

Can anyone please point me in the right direction.
I need to write some security policies, but I'm not sure where to begin.
I know there are alot of examples and templates out there, but what do
I include in the policy.
I see seperated policies for e-mail, password, remote access,
acceptable use, etc...but I was also told that it is better to try to
make all of those fit into one so that we don't have to keep track of
10 different policies.  The question is, which one do I include in one
big security policy and which ones to I make them seperate?

thank you.

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The NSA has designated Norwich University a center of Academic Excellence
in Information Security. Our program offers unparalleled Infosec management

education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience.
Using interactive e-Learning technology, you can earn this esteemed degree,

without disrupting your career or home life.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus