Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: One computer two different networks

From: "Jamie Wareham" <jwareham () smttest com>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 14:19:46 -0400

   I have set up a dual network situation similar to what you need.
This is how I accomplished the task.  Set up separate networks (diff. IP
ranges, server, switches, etc.).  Then, you would run cabling from each
network to a dual port outlet installed near each workstation and should
be easily accessible for the user. Now, the user simply "unplugs" and
"plugs" into the target server's wall outlet and runs a batch file
(which the admin puts in their desktops) that runs a brief DHCP
release/renew process and maps needed drives "on the fly".

 When they are done, just "plug" back into the other outlet and run the
batch file again.  Works like a charm.

J~