Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: open source antivirus

From: Chris Largret <largret () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 13:48:07 -0700

On Fri, 29 Sep 2006 18:50:10 +0200
gmx <pal_adam () gmx net> wrote:

Hello all

I`m looking for an antivirus-scanner, i used mwav, but i need also
other suggestins if such a thing exist.
The point is, i dont want an antivirus software, i want just a
scanner, no more.
On the other hand, as topic says, if there exist an open-source AV
would be nice too, maybe it can be changed to scan only.
Thanks in advance

You didn't mention which operating system you are using, but you may
take a look at ClamAV (http://www.clamav.net/), the Windows port
(http://www.clamwin.com/), or the MacOS X port
(http://www.markallan.co.uk/clamXav/).

To my knowledge they only scan when you request them to, though there
are libraries you can get in order to have real-time scanning with
ClamAV.

--
Chris Largret <http://www.largret.com>