Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Detecting File Alteration

From: Daniel Cid <danielcid () yahoo com br>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 13:48:11 -0300 (ART)

In addition to samhain, you can try ossec. It does
file integrity checking natively on both Unix/Linux
and Windows systems (besides log analysis and rk
detection)...

Hope it helps..

--
Daniel B. Cid
dcid ( at ) ossec.net

--- offset <offset () ubersecurity org> escreveu:

I dont recall if your original email required this
to run on windows or *nix.

I've used samhain on *nix with no issues, not sure
about windows.

http://www.la-samhna.de/samhain/

-off

On Thu, Aug 31, 2006 at 11:44:14PM -0400, Mister