Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Concepts: Security and Obscurity

From: "Mark Sutton" <work () moltenplanet com>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 10:19:34 +0100

On the surface I agree, arguably though the world as a whole is not the
issue if your talking about someone hacking an authentication server, by
which I mean the 99.9% aren't the problem. If a hacker can compromise a
decent firewall, protected with an authentication server, prior to
connecting to the SSH daemon on some internal system then the obscurity
principle of the port knocking would not have me sleeping easily and
dreaming of kerchoff :)

I did like the article, however, its good to kick these things around.

Best Regards
Mark Sutton