Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Enterprise Log Management Systems

From: "Jim Hanlon" <JHanlon () jchci com>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 07:46:00 -0500

We have just returned (eight hours ago) from a great three day SANS -
Event Log Summit in San Jose, California where the various vendors and
end-users had a chance to break down their needs vs. the commercial and
open source solutions.

Hands-down the people from Prism Microsystems demonstrated a product
that was far superior to anything else at the summit. On top of the
product performance and features I liked the fact that you can easily
download a fully functional version of their software and test-drive it.
We did it on an XP laptop at the show and it took all of five minutes to
install and start getting some good information.
I think you can get to it from either of their following websites:
www.prismmicrosys.com or www.eventlogmanager.com

No one at the conference had a formal product comparison matrix (which
would have been nice) but there is enough information available to put
one together for creating evaluation criteria for a product selection
project.

Jim Hanlon
Phone      US (586) 435-6231
Fax        US (586) 435-6245
Website:  http://www.JCHCI.com

Enterprise Security at the Speed of Business

This electronic message and all contents and attachments contain
information from the firm JC Hanlon Consulting, Inc. and/or its
affiliates, which may be privileged, confidential or otherwise protected
from disclosure.  The information is intended to be for the addressee
only.  If you are not the addressee, or otherwise have reason to believe
that you have received this message in error, then any disclosure, copy,
distribution or use of this message, or its contents or any of its
attachments, is prohibited.  If you have received this electronic
message in error, please notify us immediately and destroy the original
message and all copies. Neither this information block, the typed name
of the sender, nor anything else in this message is intended to
constitute an electronic signature unless a specific statement to the
contrary is included in this message.