Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Multi-Factor Authentication Concern

From: "Webster, William P CTR FNMOC, N661" <william.p.webster.ctr () navy mil>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 16:58:41 -0700

 Good Morning,

        Looking at this from a different perspective, and I hate to say
it but Bob is correct, It is a matter of semantics, the authentication
is just a data set, and however that data is entered and stored is
anyone's guess. Why one would want to set multiple people objects into
an authentication model is beyond me, but, the theory is correct. And of
course, as someone earlier pointed out, it kinda leaves the field open
to abuse.

        Therefore, it is "OK" as far as the system is concerned, it does
not care what data is used or how it is used, or where it comes from, we
are the ones that make up the rational part of the equation.

My 2 Centz

wpwjr