Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Risks/dangers of unauthorized web proxy

From: Steve Olive <steve () bathurstcomputers com au>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 15:53:23 +1000

On Tuesday 14 August 2007 02:11, you wrote:
I disagree with the system Admin liablity. How on earth would he control a
laptop user going off site and downloading and installing illegal
soffware? Especially if your policy allows user to install some approved
software on their PC. I believe its the user that is liable.

That is why big business locks down laptops, PCs, PDAs, etc so users can't
install software. If you are allowing illegal software on company property
the BSA will prosecute the company. A typical case:

http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php/id;2145891778;fp;32768;fpid;1823182985

--
Regards,

Steve