Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Seen this before?

From: "Campbell Murray" <electronichacker () googlemail com>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 18:48:30 +0100

Hi, a search using Evolution reveals this as a SingTel IP address.
Are you using VoIP?

HTH

Campbell Murray

www.encription.co.uk
ethical hacking services

On 27 Aug 2007 06:32:17 -0000, barcajax () gmail com <barcajax () gmail com> wrote:
I was testing SniffPass. I left SniffPass running and starting surfing the Internet using Firefox. I also had Windows
Live Messenger running. I got the following entry in SniffPass and am quite surprised.

Index             : 1

Protocol          : IMAP

Local Address     : 203.208.205.16

Remote Address    : <Laptop IP>

Local Port        : 80

Remote Port       : 2490

User              : bar

Password          : styles

Capture Time      : 8/27/2007 1:27:49 PM

I do not use email clients and only use web-based email so I'm not sure how this traffic came about. I did a look-up
on the remote address but nothing turned up. Anyone seen this before or know what this is?