Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Unix/Linux accounts integrated within AD?

From: "Serguei A. Mokhov" <mokhov () cs concordia ca>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 17:35:40 -0400 (EDT)

Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 08:44:03 +0200

Now I have the following question: I have found that my organization has
several kind of OS installed on computers... most of them are W2K/W2K3
integrated within a W2K domain...

Since admins have to remember lots of accounts/passwords for the W2K*
servers, and the others with Linux, HP-UX, Solaris, etc... I have found
that most of the passwords are too simple, and repeated all over the
non-W2K* systems...

I have tried with a password manager, but some times we lost a valuable
time searching for the strong password for one system at the password
manager software...

Is there anyway to integrate the OS accounts of UNIX-like sysetms with
an AD?

Did you have a look at PADL? They may have what you are looking for:

http://www.padl.com/

Best regards

--
Serguei A. Mokhov            |  /~\    The ASCII
Computer Science Department  |  \ / Ribbon Campaign