Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Security on asp.net (and other serverside scripting languages)

From: goran.pizent () mobilnet hr
Date: 7 Aug 2007 09:31:38 -0000

Hello Tom,

If you are programming web application in C++ then you should definitely move on other technologies/languages.
If you compare C++ and C# as languages then you should be aware that C# (and .Net libraries) has more secure syntax
than C++ (no direct memory handling for one thing). It easier to program with .Net, it supports Web applications and
you don't have to write lots of boilerplate code that is needed in C++.
Of course nothing is perfect and bad programmer can always write bad code (with SQL Injections, XSS etc) and no
language will protect him from stupidity.
Furthermore moving from C++ to C# is trivial because languages are very similar in syntax. As alternative you should
examine Ruby and Ruby on Rails.Very powerful language and Rails gives you good framework for rapid Web application
development.

Goran

P.S. Because of unknown reason my initial reply was stucked somewhere for 5 days and today I received message from
ezmlm that my post was rejected. I am sending this through Web interface. :(