Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Access to AD systems

From: "Ramsdell, Scott" <Scott.Ramsdell () cellnet com>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 14:22:01 -0400

Perhaps it is no longer in the domain?

Kind Regards,
Scott Ramsdell

-----Original Message-----
From: listbounce () securityfocus com [mailto:listbounce () securityfocus com]
On Behalf Of neil.daugherty () us army mil
Sent: Wednesday, August 29, 2007 9:21 PM
To: security-basics () securityfocus com
Subject: Access to AD systems

Using AD I have systems that I am suppose to have admin rights to but
when I run a scan on the directory with Harris STAT 5 I get a reply of
no reg and no file access. I am currently unable to manage this systems,
there is a GPO that is getting pushed down to the systems but it is
still not activating the admin access. The only thing that I can come up
with is that the admin account is not present on the system or the
systems windows firewall has reactived it self some way. What could be
other possible reasons for this.

Thanks for your assistance.

"NEVER GIVE UP"

NEIL DAUGHERTY,
SFC, USA
HI Regional Network Operations And Security Center NCOIC
Office: 808.655.2119
DSN: 315.455.2119
Commercial: 808.557.1909
Fax 808.664.0802