Security Basics mailing list archives

What is heap spraying ?

From: Robert Larsen <robert () the-playground dk>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 21:51:44 +0100

Hi all

I have been looking at some job advertisements to find out what
techniques businesses are looking for and stumpled upon a requirement
"Knowlege of heap spray techniques". Google was not able to help me very
much. I did find some exploit code that apparently used the technique
but what exactly is it ? Is there a whitepaper or something on this
technique ?

Also, is there a resource out there that has collected information about
security techniques ? Something like wikipedia with cross links. I
really like the cross referencing on wikipedia but wikipedia just lacks
many articles on security (and no...I am in no position to write them
:-( ). Is there a security wiki somewhere ?

Best regards,
Robert Larsen