Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Installing Nessus on Backtrack 3

From: Alexander Bondarenko <al.bondarenko () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 10:36:05 +0300

Hi !

You need to tgz2lzm  first in order to create lzm boot loadable module from
tgz package.  After that you need to place it under BT3/modules   directory.
If you are using ISO version you need to create new iso file with the new lzm
module.  After that nessus package will be loaded at BT start.

I prefer USB version it's simpler to modd.  With vmware you can install BT3 on
you virtual drive and use it just like USB version.

Regards,
Alex