Security Basics mailing list archives

Integration of proxy with http content security appliance ?

From: soumenpaul1977 () gmail com
Date: 14 Feb 2007 19:45:28 -0000

Hi
All

I'm not sure if this is the correct mailing lists or not.So i'm posting it in the security basics mailing lists.

I have an internal proxy server(SunWeb Proxy 4.x) with 3 LANs.I have a checkpoint firewall with 3 interfaces which are
connected to the 3 LANs.
For caching of http traffics , I forward all http requests to proxy server , which then does proxying and then forward
back to checkpoint firewall and goes to internet.proxy has one NIC and it's default gateway is pointed to firewall
interface. This is a simple set up n working.

Now I have bought McAfee Security Content Management (SCM) which I want to use as http content security solution.It
would do AV,PUP,Malware etc checking , URL filtering for my http requests which are coming to proxy.

My questions are as below :

1.Anyone has any such experience on how to integrate them for layer 3 connectivity ?

Is there any special configs need to be done for Sun proxy to forward http checking to the content security box ?

Is there any specific network settings for McAfee Content security box ? currently the content security box is in
explicit proxy mode.As per mcafee concepts guide , it should be in this mode. This box has only one option , i.e to
specify a default gateway.It does not support OPSEC , 802.1Q etc

2.If you have integrated websense/N2H2 with squid/Sunwebproxy/WinProxy etc . Whats the conceptual integration menthods
between proxy n content security box ?
what kind of configs I should do in proxy to forward the http packets to content seuciryt box and how the content
security box would send http packets back to my proxy ?

Any configs help or conceptual helps would be helpfull..

Regards
Soumen Paul
Security Consultant
Cable & Wireless