Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: security not a big priority?

From: "Francois Yang" <francois.y () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 10:18:20 -0600

On 2/15/07, Josh Miller <joshua () itsecureadmin com> wrote:
This must be your first security job, right?  ;-)

All joking aside, this is very common, especially in government jobs,
based on my experience.  It's a tough road to ride down and I recommend
documenting all of your efforts for future reference and being as
supportive as possible while not creating a problem between you and the
people you work with.

Good luck.

Thanks,
Josh Miller, RHCE

Actually no. this is my second.
I used to be a security admin at a private company.  Now it's at a
public college and it's way different.  At the old place I had the
final say in everything. My boss was 100% behind me and management
even the president trusted me.  So whatever I said, was pretty much
what went on.  So picture that. Coming from a place where I had full
say to a place where I have almost no say. is a big change.
yea, I'll just keep working on documenting and trying to show them how
important security is.

--
If you think technology can solve your security problems, then you
don't understand the problems and you don't understand the technology.