Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Security Simplification

From: "Matt Moore" <mattrm () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 06:52:03 +0000

This might sounds silly, but how does he want it simplified?  Is he
talking about making it seems simpler for the end user?  i.e. setting
up one user id for all systems, so you don't have to remember lots of
passwords?

Or does he want it simplified from a architecture point of view?
Reducing the complexity of the network?  That kinda thing?  If I was
doing the latter I'd make sure my documentation and specifically my
network topography diagrams were up-to-date.  At the very least it'll
give you a breathing space while you figure out what he *really*
wants.

Cheers,

--
Matthew R Moore