Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: USB Qusetion

From: "David Gillett" <gillettdavid () fhda edu>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 12:36:30 -0800

  We have an eval going on of some thin clients, and one of our
folks asked why they provided PS/2 ports for keyboard and mouse.
And the answer was:  "So you can disable USB in the BIOS if you
want to block the use of USB drives, without losing the keyboard
and mouse too."

  I think a BIOS-level block is not going to care what *kind* of
USB device is plugged in....

David Gillett