Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Tracking down anonymous user

From: killy <killfactory () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2007 13:55:21 -0500

if this is still a Covert operation on your part and the emails are
still being sent, try a packet logger on the exchange server.

Something as simple as Wireshark could work.
If you can manage to span the port for the exchange server, you could
use one of the many linux security distros and and sniff some
intersting traffic including SMTP.

my $0.02