Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Securing eRIC express

From: Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers <bugtraq () planetcobalt net>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 15:52:38 +0100

On 2007-01-02 Thomas D. wrote:
we are going to use some "eRIC express" cards, to administrate some
remote servers.
These cards are reachable through the internet, 24h/7d.

The handbook tells us, that we will have to use a username/password
for authentication.
I am note sure how secure this will be. Is there anything we can do to
protect these cards?

The embedded web server of the eRIC express cards supports SSL. Enable
"Force HTTPS" and have strong password(s) and you should be fine.

Regards
Ansgar Wiechers
--
"All vulnerabilities deserve a public fear period prior to patches
becoming available."