Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Reverse proxy versus shifting webserver to DMZ

From: jean-philippe luiggi <jean-philippe.luiggi () didconcept com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 18:39:50 -0400

Hello,

Beside of just comparing reverse proxy vs hardening web server, i think
the last one is a good choice because as you said, the risk to escalate
privileges is real. You too need to consider reverse proxy because one
with security features may help in protecting applications by
inspecting the requests for malicious requests.
Not saying that using such a tool likes this one may help to
concentrate all the various log in one point.

Last thing, saying a firewall hides the internal addressing is not
allways true. I know plenty of places where the internal network is
full of public IP (university, etc.) and they're protected by a
firewall.

Best regards,

Jean-philippe.

On 15 Jul 2007 12:54:05 -0000