Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: VPN and Security

From: "Murda Mcloud" <murdamcloud () bigpond com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 14:10:40 +1000

If you go down this route I would also suggest you do split tunneling.

Do you mean for a more secure setup he should split tunnel? Or do you mean
for less legal hassle he should split tunnel?(Like Hopper's brother said: I
got confused).
As I said, the split tunneling makes me think 'less secure' precisely
because the user can be surfing pr0n/bearshare etc whilst printing to a
network printer or accessing a share on the file server at the office.