Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: need suggestion - pen-test tools

From: Adam Pal <pal_adam () gmx net>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 23:38:15 +0200

Hello Joel,

I doubt that you`ll find such a tool.
I am sure, there are tools which can cover the complete area of
one/few speciffic pen-testing tasks (commercial,costs a lot of $$$$$) , free,
depends on your needs.
But a tool which covers all areas of pen-testing would be hard to
realize, since its simply too huge.
On the other hand, it simply wouldn`t fit since every pen-tester works
differently and systems dont remain the same, so tools still need to
be adjusted/rewritten.

What about get a small package and adjust it to your needs, builidng
your own package? I think you could start with BackTrack or Pentoo.

--
Best regards,
 Adam Pal

<==============Original message text===============