Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: how to block web messenger services

From: security () ericfurman fastmail net
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 11:55:49 -0400

For a security appliance; (costs money)

http://www.microsoft.com/isaserver/default.mspx

or identify the specific IM programs you don't want to run
and follow the instructions here;
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/maintain/rstrplcy.mspx

On Sat, 24 Mar 2007 11:28:48 -0700 (PDT), "K. Brian Kelley"
<arakakisudaki () yahoo com> said:
You can chase your tail by trying to keep up with the ever changing IP
addresses or go for a security appliance designed to filter such traffic.
I'd advise the latter if you can afford it.

K. Brian Kelley
Author: Start to Finish Guide to SQL Server Performance Monitoring
Contributing Author: Best of SQLServerCentral.com Series
Regular Columnist, SQLServerCentral.com and SQL Server Standard Magazine
http://www.truthsolutions.com/
http://blogs.sqlservercentral.com/blogs/brian_kelley/default.aspx