Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: FUD - was FAX a virus

From: "Craig Wright" <cwright () bdosyd com au>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2007 09:39:56 +1100

Here we have reached consensus!

I personally see the database as the BIGGEST hole in most firms - and
the least checked/secured item as well. It amazes me how many people in
the "security professions" do not have the slightest idea of what occurs
in the RDBS.

Too many database admins seem to "own" the databases they run and are
offended when somebody comes to check how the run it.

Too much focus is placed on the web site; the network admin etc right
when the thief is running down the corridor with the crown jewels (i.e.
the data).

Regards,
Craig