Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: RE: RE: Value of certifications

From: nomail () hotmail com
Date: 1 May 2007 19:19:05 -0000

Couldn't have said it better myself. If you have the opportunity to have technical people do the interviewing, this is
the perfect approach, however this is not always the case in all organizations. When I used to interview candidates, I
would grill them, and the more initials the person had, the hotter the grill would be. I was always suspicious of
people that wanted to work for us (we were one of the better paying companies in the area) because they invariably
wanted the money, not the job. I usually liked the younger folks with an honest interest and desire to learn over most
of the more "qualified" people. (we were interviewing for "entry level" positions that weren't that entry level).