Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: CISSP Question

From: Elizabeth Tolson <etolson () gibralter net>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2007 16:34:30 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

First of all, to all who have written privately with loads of encouragement --- THANK YOU!!!!

Secondly, regarding the facing of opposing counsel while on stand.  I have to say that I have been cross-examined by
the best and was able to stand my ground and win my case.  Prior to being a paralegal, I was a Child Protective
Services Social Worker.  When you have to prove abuse (sexual or physical or emotional) and/or neglect, to the extent
that the children should be removed from the home and the parents sent to prison, you had been be on your "p's and
q's".  I always was prepared before going to Court.

Then I started working for the Child Support Office.  Again, I was cross-examined by the best attorneys.  Again, I
stood my ground.

Sometimes, and I don't know why, I see that when people have a certain degree or certification or job, they don't want
to see other people do the same.  I am not sure why -- I don't think I would be any kind of threat hear in little
Eastern North Carolina to anyone overseas, etc.

Elizabeth