Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Vulnerability assessment certification

From: Ramki <bramkie () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 10:43:04 +0530

neo anderson wrote:
Hi List,
I was wondering that is there any globally recognized certification
aimed towards tagging you as a "vulnerability assessment
professional".
If it is so, I want to know how much advisible it is to go for.
What are the extent of "Career Advancement" for someone with
Security+/CEH like entry level certification.
Thanking you in advance.

Hi

I recently did this course, its called "cVa - Certified Vulnerability
Assessor", the course is meant for Techno-Managers and is recognized by
DNV.....

http://www.dnvindia.com/dnvtraining/category/information_security_courses/cvacourse5days.asp

This link says its 5day course but the one i attended was for 3 days,
the instructor told me it was reduced from 5 days after feedback from
participants.

http://securematrix.in/content/category/7/25/52/ - is the course page in
training company's website.

HTH,