Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Home laptops on a corporate network

From: Shawn <swarzkopf () legolas sinnerz us>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 13:05:53 -0400 (EDT)

I take it assigning the users who need to work from home company owned/managed laptops, and then providing VPN access to these laptops, is just not an option?

Setting up -somewhat- secure access to the corporate network from a staffers home computer just seems like too much trouble and too much risk for what you gain...it'd just be easier to buy/image/issue laptops.