Security Basics mailing list archives

Remote Access Tools

From: "Samir Pawaskar" <infosecofficer () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 11:18:37 +0400

Hi Group

I wanted to know what is the community's take on the Security aspect
of using Microsoft Remote Desktop / Terminal Services.

Assuming that the client always operate on Windows XP and the Server
is configured for maximum encryption, what are the possible threats to
the setup.

I read an article that says that even in the above setup, the
configuration is prone to Man-In-The-Middle-Attack.

Also I was evaluating some other softwares that use SSH, I would like
to know if they would also be vulnerable to the same.

I am looking for views on the following software espescially from
those who may have used it.

Software Name: Anyplace Control  www.anyplace-control.com

Appreciate your feedback and comments

Thanks and Regards