Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Detecting WAPs

From: Dennis Breithaupt <dennisb () tetaworx de>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 21:36:54 +0200

Hy,

I think it would be really difficult to detect wireless radiowaves without a device, that can receive these? =)

However I'd suggest Trapeze Networks or Airdefense Equipment (they're both using the same hardware as ap/sensor), which
would probably on of the frist choices for your task.

These devices can also be configured to detect the physical location of the rogue devices and can even detect
unauthorized peer-to-peer (Ad Hoc) connections.

Regards,
Dennis