Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: CCSP Self-Study

From: "Robert Burnett" <roburnet () maxhealth com>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 14:58:20 -0400

I am currently studying for my CCSP, and I am starting with the exam
that focuses on PIX and ASA.  It is called the SNPA (Securing Networks
with PIX and ASA).

I am reading "CCSP SNPA Official Exam Certification Guide (3rd
edition)".  Looking at the Cisco website
(http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/le2/le37/le54/learning_certificat
ion_type_home.html), it appears that we have until October to take the
current version of the exam.  Then the new version becomes enforced.  If
you want to take the new version, then I would recommend you compare the
two lists of exam objectives and figure out which topics are new.  Then,
either research those topics using online resources, or wait for the 4th
edition of the study guide :)

Thanks,

Robert Burnett, CISSP, CCNA