Security Basics mailing list archives

Private IP Address from Exchange

From: Danux <danuxx () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 20:21:21 -0500

Hi experts!!!

I dont know if it is a problem from Exchange but i thing so, let me explain...

When i send a message from my local area to yahoo, the local ip
address of my local mail box server is shown in Internet, i would like
to know if there is a way to hide the local ip address.

My client has Exchange Server SMTPSVC (6.0.3790.1830)

Here is the Header i mentioned from Yahoo ->check how 192.168.0.106 is
showed!!!:

Take into account, we have a CheckPoint filtering out the connections
(if you have a recommendation through this Firewall, i also has ISA
Server)