Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Email encryption with Blackberry

From: Julien Lemoine <corkhaakon () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 14:08:45 +0200

Hi all,

I'm confronted to this problem now, because we have an internal PKI, and created certificates are principally used to encrypt emails. And since several weeks, some people in my service use Blackberry. So, when we sent them encrypted emails, they can't read them.

Moreover, we don't have the BES license in our enterprise, so these users can't download the Blackberry S/MIME pack. The only solution we have found is to use a tool provided by izecom (www.izecom.com/blackberry). This tool in its lite version (freeware) permits to read encrypted emails and verify signed emails. The commercial one permits to encrypt emails.

I hope this solution can help you.

Julien

P.S.: Sorry if there is some mistakes, I don't really speak English fluent. ;-)

soul a écrit :
Hi all
We are trying to implement an email encryption solution for our users.
Our environment is Microsoft Exchange and Oulook 2003 client. the Top management use Balcberry.
We chosed the Verisign Digital IDs certificate to encrypt ans sign email with S/MIME in outlook 2003.

We want now to enable email encryption on the Blackberry using the same Verisign certificates.
Is this possible? and how to do it? can the Balckberry email client use the certificate to encrypt the email?

Thank you.
Soul

_____________________________________________________________________________ Ne gardez plus qu'une seule adresse mail ! Copiez vos mails vers Yahoo! Mail