Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: IDS-IPS Recommendation

From: "Kevin Ortloff" <Kevin.Ortloff () j2global com>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 09:13:09 -0700

If you have the money..... McAfee offers a really good product and it's
good for newbies as it offers pretty good descriptions of the signatures
to help you learn as you go. Cisco has some, but are little detail and a
pain to set up the filters. A cheap device like Fortigate works well
too. But the best of the best is tippingpoint with patch emulation.
Awesome stuff.