Security Basics mailing list archives

Performance Monitoring Software

From: "Adam Savage" <Adam_Savage () skillsoft com>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 14:41:19 -0400

I appreciate everyone's response regarding the Event Log Monitoring
software suggested - I'm looking at a few avenues now for it.

My new question is pertaining to performance monitoring software.
Microsoft Operations Manager is a little to pricey for us I believe and
was wondering if there is any other software out there that will do
baseline performance monitoring of my servers.. They are all Windows
2000/2003 servers but it doesn't have to be a windows based utility.
I've looked at HP's Performance Monitoring Pack that integrates with
HPSIM but that's pricey also.

Thanks!

-Adam