Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Advice regarding servers and Wiping Drives after testing

From: "dave kleiman" <dave () davekleiman com>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 13:53:21 -0400

Bill,

Go to http://www.DaveKleiman.com/Files all of my labs are available there.

How interesting you state "" and supposedly recovered a file in the lab (the
recovery process was not shown),".

To have a better perspective on all of this information, you may want to
read:

Can Intelligence Agencies Read Overwritten Data: http://tinyurl.com/8zblp

Secure Deletion of Data from Magnetic and Solid-State Memory:
http://tinyurl.com/iqx3  (pay special attention to the "Epilogue")

Secure File Deletion: Fact or Fiction?:  http://tinyurl.com/yuqoqj

Dave