Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Protection against fake mails

From: "Captain Bock" <captbock () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 15:17:28 +0100

Yeap.
That was my idea.
Even though there are no SPF specific record types, this is an
ingenious way to use the TXT type.
Also, this allows you to guarantee that all your mails come from a
"legitimate" server.
Although DNS spoofing can overide this warranty, your spam volume
would definitely decrease.

All the best

Captain Bock

After sending my first message I googled for SPF and found some of the
sources I used before. I guess this strategy is still a valid one.