Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Monitoring Software

From: "Kurt Buff" <kurt.buff () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 13:29:06 -0700

On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 1:00 PM, Chuck Tuffli <chuck () tuffli net> wrote:
On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 12:41 PM, Kurt Buff <kurt.buff () gmail com> wrote:

 So, what does FreeBSD have natively that you use?

 FreeBSD sends daily, weekly, and monthly emails to root with network
 statistics, disk usage, mail queue info, and security logs. This is
 all done with cron jobs and shell scripts. If you are interested, take
 a look at the periodic(8) man page.

 http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=periodic&apropos=0&sektion=0&manpath=FreeBSD+7.0-stable&format=html

 ---chuck

Ah.

Yes, I get those from my machines too. I thought you might be
referring to something else that I wasn't aware of.

Kurt