Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Shredding Digital data on Mainframes and AS400

From: Macajueli <macajueli () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2008 19:27:32 -0400

If any of the servers are changing hands, ie being sold to pay off creditors, take a sledgehammer to any long term
storage that could possibly hold proprietary data like hdd's, backup tapes, etc...  The cost of replacing a drive is
much less than getting sued/put in jail  because you lost patient data, financial data or whatever.  Plus, it can be
cathartic to have an office space moment with the drives >:-)

Mac.