Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: CEH Course - Your thoughts?

From: "Nikhil Wagholikar" <visitnikhil () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 09:14:22 +0530

Hi J5,

Well, each certification has its own perspective and goal. No matter
whether its CEH or CompTIA's Security+ certification or any other
security certification for that matter. What differs in them is
basically the dept of knowledge, tools, concepts explanation and
practical handson. None of the certification in market is valueless;
what makes these certification valueless is basically a person's
personal or professional goal in life.

You know your goal in life better .. say for example, you wish to
become a fine grained Penetration tester; so for that matter you can
better go for NII Consulting's "Certified Professional Hacker"  (CPH)
or EC Council's CEH or LPT course. CISSP or any other SANS
certification though would be in this same field, will not help you
out much with achieving your just mentioned (example) goal.

So if you are very particular in your doubt, say you wish to know each
and every aspect of Information Security, then you can definitely look
out for certifications like CISA, CISSP, ITIL, CoBIT etc.

Best of Luck !!

---
NIKHIL WAGHOLIKAR
Practice Lead | Security Assessment & Computer Forensics
NII Consulting
Web: http://www.niiconsulting.com/
Security Products: http://www.niiconsulting.com/Products.html

On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 2:24 AM, J5