Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Creating my own personal Linux distribution for Penetration Testing and White-Hat Hacking

From: "Shawn Merdinger" <shawnmer () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 12:45:38 -0500

Hi Chip,

You might want to take a look at Nubuntu - http://www.nubuntu.org/

It's a good learning experience to roll your own distro, and other
projects' information, guides and forums can help you to avoid common
pitfalls.

On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 6:42 AM, Chip Panarchy <forumanarchy () gmail com> wrote:
Recently I have been working on a distribution of Linux built on
Debian... to get more specific, built on Linux -> Debian -> Ubuntu
8.10 -> Super Ubuntu. Though I will probably build it directly from
Ubuntu (or Debian) sometime in the future.

Cheers,
--scm