Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: PCI-DSS and MSPs?

From: "Steve Freeman" <freema2 () bellsouth net>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 08:26:37 -0500

I work for a provider that is PCI compliant. We have two separate
environments; one PCI compliant where all businesses hosted in that
environment are audited by PCI standards, the other environment contains
those businesses hosted that do not have the PCI requirement. You cannot
have business that require PCI compliant environments in an environment that
does not meet these requirements, but you can host a business that does not
require the PCI standards to be applied hosted in an environment that is PCI
compliant.