Security Basics mailing list archives

3 PCI questions that bother me

From: Mattias Hemmingsson <Mattias.hemmingsson () fareoffice com>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 15:28:56 +0100

Hi

PCI question number one
We had a profence webproxy on a separate  server but the profence did
something to the traffic so we had to remove it.
And now to the question PCI says one primare funktion on one server. Can
you run apache,glassfish and mod_security on the same server ?

Both apache and glassfish handel http request so there i tink im safe.
But mod_security on the same server as the webbserver ?
Anyone doing the same thing ?

PCI question number two
If one of my firewalls dies a hve to destroy it so that you cant be able
to retrieve any data from the firewall.
But if a destroy it no warranty is valid so how do you solve this ?

PCI question number tre
We are thing of using our radius server to handle all our logins to the
server. We are using OTP that are genarated by this small "thing" a have
with my keys. So of a use this OTP to loggin to every server what do you
think of this ?
And is it a problen with the password rules ?

// Matte