Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Testing whole disk encryption

From: "Alex Bolduc" <abolduc () gogotech com>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 09:33:47 -0500

While the topic is slightly dated, I was prompted by this article
(http://www.heise-online.co.uk/security/Enclosed-but-not-encrypted--/feature
s/110136/0) to mention (what may already be obvious to some) that merely
verifying that the data is not immediately human-readable does not
necessarily imply a level of security that can be considered safe if your
security standards are otherwise.

-Alex Bolduc