Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: CISSP Examination Practices ?

From: "David Harley" <david.a.harley () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 17:36:57 -0000

Executive management will consider a lower cost
, lower option solution then the higher cost one, if it can
give some of the results they want.

That is often so, but has little to do the CISSP exam.

The CISSP exam will/may contain questions with 2 correct
answers, one containing the answer that gives a solid
technical correct answer and the other which is correct but
has budgetary concerns....in most all cases the budget one
will work when dealing with CISSP.

Either the exam has changed a great deal since I took it, or we are
privileged to be at the birth of an urban legend. :) The CISSP exam
operates, as someone else pointed out, at a very abstract/theoretical level
(30,000 feet, as SANS put it). It would be astonishing if it presented you
with a "solid technical correct answer" and then expected you to answer with
a low-cost alternative. In fact, it would be in contravention of the
guidelines for writing CISSP exam items.

--
David Harley CISSP